Residents and business owners are responsible for sidewalk snow removal adjacent to their property. We ask that you clear any snow, ice or other debris that has fallen on the sidewalk next to your property within 24 hours of snowfall. This ensures that Lethbridge pedestrians and motorists may safely travel around the city during ice and snowy winter conditions.
Sidewalk snow clearing: helpful tips
- Shovel sidewalk and driveway snow onto yards and boulevard areas where possible, instead of onto alleys and roads.
- Stay clear of snow removal equipment as winter conditions bring poor visibility.
- Have a neighbour who could use a hand? Be a snow angel and help shovel their sidewalks too!
If you do not keep your sidewalk clear of snow and ice, you may receive a notice requiring your sidewalk to be clear. Failure to comply results in:
- A first offence penalty of $50
- A second offence penalty of $100
- A third offence penalty of $150
Report a sidewalk snow clearing concern.
Need sand for your icy sidewalk?
We have two locations where you can pick up free sand for icy sidewalks. Please bring your own bucket and shovel to help load your sand. You can collect free sand at:
North Lethbridge Recycling Station
West Lethbridge Recycling Station
Snow removal activities in Lethbridge are governed by our Snow Removal Bylaw