Major Community Event Hosting Grant
The City of Lethbridge’s Major Community Event Hosting Grant is intended for events of significant size that would have an economic benefit and enhance the profile and visibility of the city.
Applications for the Major Event Support Grant are now closed. Please check back for potential future application intake announcements.
If you have questions, please contact our Opportunity Lethbridge department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to qualify for funding under the Major Community Event Hosting Grant, the event must:
- Attract spectators or participants from outside of Lethbridge
- Be a major provincial, interprovincial, national or international event hosted in Lethbridge
- Be open to the public and/or have portions of the event open to the public
- Enhance the profile and visibility of Lethbridge
- Have a local organizing committee and a proposed budget of over $100,000
- Only access this grant for City funding and have other funding sources besides this grant
Funding request process
After having an initial conversation with our Recreation and Culture staff, the Major Event Grant (MEG) Review Committee will meet with you to review and confirm if your event is eligible for MEG funding. If they confirm the eligibility of your event, they will then:
- Provide you with a formal application to submit for presentation to Council
- Once your complete the application, the MEG Review Committee will meet with you to review it and provide feedback
- You will then present a mock presentation to the MEG Review Committee
- Next, you will prepare a public submission and all supporting documents to present to Council with help from the MEG Review Committee
- Council will make the final decision to approve or reject funding for the event hosting