Large Item Service Reduction: Due to limited capacity during the COVID-19 pandemic, metal and freon appliances such as fridges, stoves, ovens, and washing machines cannot be collected at this time.
What does the Large Item Service offer?
- A way to manage bulky household waste, such as couches, mattresses, household furnishings, etc.
- Two collections per year, a minimum of three months apart, at your convenience.
How do I participate?
- Have your residential utility customer account number handy
- Call the Large Item Service line at 311 or 403-320-3111 with your utility account # handy to schedule a pick-up
- The scheduler will discuss appropriate pick-up items with you
- Place the items neatly in the alley or front, away from your weekly household waste pick-up area (24 hours prior to scheduled pick-up date)
How much can be picked up?
- A combination of items not to exceed a total weight of 250kgs or 550lbs with a maximum of 10 standard sized residential bags (not to exceed 25kgs each) and/or 5 large items. These amounts are general guidelines.
- When you call to schedule your pick-up, a scheduler will assist you and answer any questions relating to the Large Item Service.
How many pick-ups can I schedule?
- A maximum of two pick-ups per year with three months between collection requests. These limits are set to manage demand in peak season. The scheduler will do their best to ensure your needs are met.
* Freon appliances counts as two pick-ups.
* Water Softener only empty
What are some examples of items that will not be picked up?
All of the items listed below should go to the
Waste & Recycling Centre.
Dirt or Sod
Stumps and Root Balls
Household Hazardous Waste
For more information
Report a problem like missed collection or mess in lane
Phone: 311 or 403-320-3111 (if outside of Lethbridge)
Online: Service request options