- Have your residential utility customer account number handy.
- Call the Large Item Service line at 311 or 403-320-3111 to schedule a pickup.
- The scheduler will discuss appropriate pickup items with you.
- Place the items neatly in the alley or front, away from your weekly household cart pickup area (24 hours prior to scheduled pickup date).
Large Item Service
Lethbridge offers a way to dispose of unwanted, bulky household waste such as couches, mattresses, household furnishings and more. The City offers access to two complimentary collections per year, a minimum of three months apart, at your convenience.
Large item service
- A combination of items not exceeding 250 kg or 550 lb with a maximum of 10 standard sized residential bags (not to exceed 25 kg each) and/or 5 large items. These amounts are general guidelines.
- When you call to schedule your pickup, a scheduler will assist you and answer any questions relating to the Large Item Service.
A maximum of two pickups per year with three months between collection requests. These limits are set to manage demand in peak season. The scheduler will do their best to ensure your needs are met.
- Bagged Household Waste (no windows)
- Bagged Yard Waste (max 25 kg)
- Bundled Tied Tree Prunings
- Gas Barbeques (propane tank removed)
- Household Furnishings
- Lawn Mowers (batteries and gas removed)
- Sinks, Toilets, Bathtubs
* Freon appliances counts as two pick-ups.
* Water Softener only empty
All of the items listed below should go to the Waste & Recycling Centre (landfill).
- Dirt or Sod
- Electronic Waste
- Renovation/Construction Material
- Stumps and Root Balls
- Household Hazardous Waste