What is On Demand?
- Significantly decrease travel time for the majority of customers and potential customers.
- Demand Response Zones provide access to transit for everyone.
- Rapid 10/10 service between the University and the City Center.
- Bi-directional network lines.
- Fewer large-size buses on narrow streets.
- Reduced operational Transit costs - service level appropriate to demand.
- Provide the highest level of transit service to the greatest number of people within our approved budget.
- Ensure impact to existing customers is mitigated.
- Create a system that enhances mobility.
cityLINK Demand Response provides service to zones where Transit lines are not available. Demand Response provides customers with access within each zone and connects customers to Neighbourhood and High Frequency Lines offering more opportunities.
View Demand Response Zones
Booking a Ride
- Use the Rides on Demand App which is available on the Apple or Android App Stores
- Call 311
We will drop you off within the same Demand Response zone or at an associated transfer hub. Watch for the vehicle to pull up and be ready! Because we have other passengers waiting, we will only wait for 2 minutes.
should book your trip when you are ready to leave – the bus will arrive within 20 minutes of booking.
Where can I take Demand Response from/to
- You can take Demand Response from any point in an active demand zone or a designated cityHUB
- You take to Demand Response to any point within the zone you are being picked up in or to the designated cityHUB to transfer to other services.
It is the Law in Alberta that all passengers in the size of vehicles that offer Demand Service must wear a seatbelt. Children younger than 6 or less than 40 pounds must be restrained in an approved car seat, which you must bring with you.
Transit Hours of Service
Monday - Friday 5:45 AM - 12:00 AM
Saturday 7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sunday & Holidays 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
*Not all routes operate on evenings and weekends.
Holidays with Transit service:
New Years Day - Family Day - Good Friday - Easter Sunday - Victoria Day - Canada Day - Heritage Day - Labour Day - National Day for Truth and Reconciliation - Thanksgiving Day - Remembrance Day - Boxing Day
Holidays with no Transit service: