Starting a Business
Looking to start a business in the City of Lethbridge? We provide helpful guidance to answer your questions and point you in the right direction to obtain any necessary licences, permits or business support resources.
Learn everything you need to know about business licences in the City of Lethbridge, including:
- Does your new business need a licence?
- Instructions on obtaining a business licence
- How much will a business licence cost and when do I need to renew it?
- The purpose of a business licence
- The process to establish a home-based business
You can also find the permits and licences you may need when starting and operating your business in the City with our BizPal Online Tool. Filter permits based on your location, industry and business activities.
Business supports and resources
Looking for advice and guidance on setting up and operating your new business in the City of Lethbridge? Check out our business supports and resources, which provide helpful direction on a variety of topics.
Wondering what makes Lethbridge the right place for your venture? Our city has many attractive advantages that provide significant boosts to business owners every day.
- Has a trading area that serves approximately 275,000 people
- Has easy access to major markets across western Canada by road, rail and air
- Has a young, well-educated workforce thanks to its two post-secondary institutions
- Is an hour’s drive to national parks, UNESCO World Heritage Sites and other major attractions
Learn more about why Lethbridge is the right place for you, your family and your business.