Skip to main content Skip to footer

Parks Access Permit

Planning any backyard maintenance or renovations this summer? You may need a permit.

A parks access permit is required if you need to access your property through a city green space or park. You may need access for large equipment such as trucks, small tractors such as bobcats, or vehicles for delivering materials.

Access permits ensure that you have safe access to your property through the park space. We also want to ensure that if any damage occurs to the grass, irrigation system or pathways it can be remediated. 

Homeowners can be fined if there is damage to park or green space and a permit was not obtained.

Access permits are free and can be requested by calling 311 or submitting a Parks Access Permit application online. You must apply for a Park Access Permit at least five business days prior to starting any work.

For Public Inquiries:

Call 311 |  Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Media Contact:

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.