We aren’t fooling - City’s seasonal Yard Waste Sites open & Waste and Recycling Centre summer hours begin April 1
The City of Lethbridge's three seasonal Yard Waste Sites will be opening and the Waste and Recycling Centre's summers hours begin Saturday April 1. As the weather warms and residents begin yard maintenance and spring cleaning, the opening of the City's yard waste sites and the extended Waste and Recycling Centre hours will help manage excess waste when needed and prevent illegal dumping.
Yard Waste Sites:
- Open 7 days a week, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Self-service sites, meaning residents must be able to unload their own material
- Residents are asked to put material in paper bags to avoid having to de-bag materials from plastic bags
- Additionally, the following rules will be applied to help speed up the drop-off process:
- Only one customer allowed at the compactor at a time
- Only one customer allowed at the branch chipper at a time
During times of high usage, residents with trailers full of material may be directed to the Waste and Recycling Centre to drop off their load. Residents are asked to not stop or line up on the roads, and if a site is at capacity to come back at a later time.
Waste and Recycling Centre:
- Open Monday-Saturday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Special Easter Weekend Hours
- Friday, April 7 - Closed
- Saturday, April 8 - 7a.m. - 7p.m.
- Sunday, April 9 - Closed
- Monday, April 10 - 7 a.m. - 7p.m.
- Residents with yard waste will be directed to the compost pad for unloading
- Self-service site, meaning residents must be able to unload their own material
- Residents are encouraged to put material in paper bags to avoid having to de-bag materials from plastic bags
- Residents with waste and/or recycling will be directed to the Public Drop-off area
- Regular tipping fees apply
For more information on the City's Waste and Recycling Services, please visit www.lethbridge.ca/wrs.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.