To connect your home with power, natural gas, telephone, and cable, follow these steps:
- Fill out the Site ID Application Form with your legal address and the electric permit number used by your electrician. This will get you a new Site ID number unique to your electric service.
- Submit the form at the utility counter with the $420.00 electric service fee.
- Go to the ATCO Gas Building on the corner of Stafford Drive and 4th Ave North and fill out an application form for a new gas meter. Provide a site plan showing where your gas line entrance is located on the building in relation to the lot, a legal address, and the lot, block and plan number of the site.
- Submit the form to ATCO along with the $651.00 ATCO service fee. If applying during winter months, the fee increases to $841.00. Please note that these fees are set by ATCO and are subject to change at any time.
- After 5 business days, you will receive your new Site ID number. Call the retailer of your choice and provide them with the legal address and Site ID number. You can also call Lethbridge 311 to get your site ID once it’s been processed.
- Provide a trench on your property for utility connections. The homeowner or builder is responsible for this trench from the service stubb location to the meter base. You can find more information on our Common Trench Service Guidelines.
- ATCO will connect a new line to a gas meter on your home within 7 to 10 days from your application. The City of Lethbridge electric department will then connect your electric, cable and telephone service to the home, install the electric meter, and backfill the trench.
- Call TELUS and SHAW to connect your services when the home is completed.
It is important to note that if you don't notify a natural gas retailer of the new Site ID, a gas meter will not be installed. If you don't notify an electrical retailer, the City of Lethbridge will become the default retailer for power at the regulated rate.
910 4 Avenue South
Lethbridge, AB T1J 0P6
or 403-320-3111 (if outside of Lethbridge)