2024 Community Event Support Grant accepting applications
The City of Lethbridge continues to support not-for-profit organizations with the 2024 Community Event Support Grant (CESG). The program provides financial support for new and existing events that enhance the quality of life for the residents of Lethbridge, contribute to the culture of the community, create affordable entertainment and provide economic benefit to the City.
Events that are eligible for the CESG include:
- Sporting competitions – a single event or tournament competition comprised of a combination of local and external competitors, coordinated by a local organizing community and volunteer base;
- Community festivals – annual events actively programmed around a theme, with a focus on community organization and participation, requiring a significant commitment of facilities or impact on the community. This includes entertainment-based events where the festival celebration is the primary goal;
- Conferences – events providing an educational or networking opportunity that benefit citizens of Lethbridge while attracting delegates or participants from outside the community. Events cannot be exclusive in manner and should include at least a minimal opportunity for the general public or special interest groups;
- Advocacy - an apolitical or non-religious based gathering that benefits the community at large. It cannot be controversial or divisive in nature.
Eligible expenses include:
- City services (transportation by City transit, traffic signs and barricades, Police and/or Fire services, etc.)
- Event infrastructure (facility, venue, stage, lighting, etc.)
- Event marketing and communication
- Bidding costs
- Volunteer expenses
Total funding available for 2024 is $97,500. Beginning this year, grants are split between three intake periods rather than the previous four. The 2024 deadlines are:
- January 31 at 11:59 p.m. (Up to $60,000 of total funds awarded)
- May 31 at 11:59 p.m. ($18,750 of total funds awarded)
- September 30 at 11:59 p.m. ($18,750 of total funds awarded)
The maximum grant organizations can receive through the CESG is a matching contribution up to $7,500 which does not exceed 50% of the event budget. Organizations may submit a maximum of two events per intake period and all applicant events must occur at least 45 days after each deadline.
All interested organizations are asked to review the 2024 CESG Application Guide prior to submitting applications and additional questions can be emailed to email@example.com. Application forms can be found here.