9 Avenue and 10 Avenue South Functional Plan
The City of Lethbridge Transportation team is beginning a functional planning study for the area around the Chinook Regional Hospital. The area includes:
- 9 Avenue South from 4 Street South to Mayor Magrath Drive South
- 10 Avenue South/South Parkside Drive South from Scenic Drive South to 43 Street South
- 17 Street South and 19 Street South between 9 Avenue South and 10 Avenue South
Community growth, hospital demands and general traffic patterns have caused transportation pressures around Chinook Regional Hospital. This functional planning study is an opportunity to plan for all modes of travel for people of all ages and abilities while addressing local parking and road safety concerns.
We are seeking community feedback on this project to help identify issues and opportunities in the area, share future visioning of the area and to review and influence the options for the plan area.
Residents can provide feedback on the project in numerous ways:
- Complete the issues and opportunity survey
- Join us for one of our four community tours in the area taking place November 1 and 2 (registration required)
- Chat with us at the Community Conversation at the ENMAX Centre on Monday, October 23, from 3-7 p.m.
This will be the first of three community engagement phases. The next two phases are scheduled to be completed by the end of 2024.
Functional planning studies combine technical analysis with the needs of the community, helping leaders make choices.
For more information about the project and to subscribe for project updates, visit: https://getinvolvedlethbridge.ca/10-and-9-ave-s-plan.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.