Name that truck!
In early spring, the City of Lethbridge will be introducing curbside organics for houses that currently have black and blue cart collection. To help roll out the new program, we are looking for Lethbridge students to help name our waste, recycling and organic collection truck fleet.
By composting our organic waste and being good recyclers, we can keep these materials out of our landfill. Since the trucks have the important job of collecting and diverting our household waste, we thought they deserved names!
To submit your child's entry, scan or take a photo of their colouring page with their name, grade, school and garbage, recycling and organic truck names to email@example.com. Winners will be credited with naming one of our collection trucks!
- To enter, you must be a Lethbridge student (elementary, middle and high school);
- All details must be completed in full on the colouring sheet;
- The name should be creative and fun;
- The name should be unique and checked against other possible uses or meanings (especially in the case of acronyms);
- The name will preferably be short, unique, easy to pronounce and easy to remember;
- Name entries should be easily identifiable as a garbage, recycling or organics collection truck;
- The trucks should not be named after a person;
- The name should not have any trademark implications;
- Have fun!
All entries must be submitted before the end of the day, Sunday, April 2 to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.