Portion of 7 Street re-opens, work continues on 4 Avenue
The block of 7 Street South between 4 Avenue and 3 Avenue in Downtown Lethbridge is now re-open to the public.
Thank you to the businesses on 7 Street, as well their customers, for their patience throughout this phase of construction.
During the next two weeks, our contractor will be focusing on asphalt milling and paving work in three different work zones. We understand that this may cause some further inconvenience and we appreciate your patience and cooperation during this phase of the project. Here is an overview of the scheduled work:
Today, Monday, September 25, and Tuesday, September 26:
- Paving along 4 Avenue from the east side of 3 Street to the west side of 6 Street
- Milling along 4 Avenue from midblock between 7 Street and 8 Street to Stafford Drive
Wednesday, September 27, and Thursday, September 28:
- Paving along 4 Avenue from midblock between 7 Street and 8 Street to Stafford Drive
During the asphalt milling and paving work in these areas, please be aware of the following:
- Traffic will be reduced to two lanes in the immediate work areas
- No parking will be permitted within the work zone while construction is underway
- Adjacent streets may experience closures at intersections
Starting this week:
- 7 Street South will be closed between 5 Avenue and 6 Avenue to facilitate watermain renewal work, followed by surface improvements
- The closure is expected to be in place until October 31, weather pending. Traffic flow will remain uninterrupted on 5 Avenue and 6 Avenue during the course of the work
Stakeholders have been and will continue to be updated regularly throughout the project. We understand that construction projects can be disruptive, but we are committed to completing this infrastructure project efficiently and with the least inconvenience possible. Upon completion of work in each area, traffic detours and barricades will be removed and traffic flow will return to normal.
Further project background is here.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution and observe the on-site posted speed and all other construction signs and posted detours.