YQL ready to host 2023 Lethbridge International Airshow
The Lethbridge International Airshow is back this weekend! If you live in the area or are planning to attend, we’ve got a few things to keep in mind as the events are going on.
- Residents can expect to see aerial vehicles and hear loud noises overhead for the duration of the weekend throughout the city, not just at the event site.
- Expect traffic to increase leading up to and throughout the weekend around the city, specifically in the area of the airport. Motorists are reminded to drive carefully and be patient at the event locations.
- The show starts at noon on both Saturday and Sunday.
- The Lethbridge International Airshow Association has coordinated a free parking and shuttle service will be provided from Lethbridge College at the east end of Lot E on 30th Street South. The shuttle will run from 9am to 6pm both days.
- General parking at the airport will begin at 8 a.m. with event gates opening at 9 a.m.
- Ensure all food items are disposed of in an appropriate manner to avoid attracting wildlife to the airport (this includes items like sunflower seeds that are commonly discarded on the ground).
- There is no smoking permitted anywhere on the airfield.
- Pets are not permitted anywhere on the airfield, with the exception of service animals.
- Remain within designated areas at all times and follow airport and airshow staff instructions as necessary.
- Be respectful of static displays around the area.
- Regular scheduled flights will not be impacted by the Lethbridge International Airshow however, travelers may want to allow extra time to arrive and prepare for departing.
- Temperatures are expected to be near the +30 degree mark so remember to bring the appropriate sun protection and stay hydrated.
- Maps, ticket sales and further information can be found at: https://lethbridgeairshow.com
These reminders are in place to keep viewers, participants and wildlife safe.
Enjoy the show!