A fire watch may be requested in the event that life safety systems become inoperable.
Life safety systems include the following:
- Fire alarm system
- Sprinkler suppression system
- Emergency generator
What is a Fire Watch?
- A physical patrol of;
- All common areas inside the structure including hallways, stairs, service rooms, chemical storage rooms, etc.
- The exterior of the property that is protected by a life safety system including attached structures and garages
- Any other room or area as directed by the fire department imposing the Fire Watch
- Develop procedures to notify the occupants of a fire or other emergency while the life safety system is inoperable
- Completion of a Fire Watch Record every hour, 24 hours per day until such time as the deficient life safety system has been repaired or replaced, and a letter from a certified contractor stating, the life safety system is fully functioning with no deficiencies, has been received by the Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services Fire Prevention Bureau.
Letters submitted after hours must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a follow up phone call to Dispatch (403)329-1225 and the Fire Prevention Bureau administration line at (403)320-3811.