A career as a Lethbridge Paramedic/firefighter includes:
- Fire Prevention
- Hazmat Team
- Water Rescue Team
- High Angle/Confined Space Team
PLEASE CHECK BACK AS HIRING IS PLANNED FOR EARLY 2019.
To sign up for alerts when firefighter jobs are posted on our website:
- Navigate to https://www.lethbridge.ca/living-here/Career-Opportunities/Pages/default.aspx
- Select "External job postings"
- Under location select "Fire Headquarters" - click "search"
- Select the bell/save icon
- Enter your e-mail address and click submit
- You will receive an email confirmation and future LFES external postings
What do I need to apply?
- Registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) as a Primary care paramedic or Advanced care paramedic. (Preference will be given to Advanced care paramedics).
- Class 2 or 3 drivers license with Q endorsement (needs to be obtained prior to first day of work)
Fitness test (results recognized for 6 months)
- Fire Aptitude Test (written)
- Medical Scenario
- Multiple Choice Medical Exam
- Inwald Personality Inventory
Invites to the physical and subsequent stages are made based on the following qualifications (in order of importance):
- Advanced Care Paramedic
- 2nd Year Advanced Paramedic Student
- Fire Training Certification
- Experience in an Advanced Life Support EMS System (excluding industrial)
- Other Education/Volunteering
New Recruit Training
Successful applicants start their career with ten weeks of training lead by our Fire and EMS training officers. Material covered includes:
- NFPA 1001 Level 1
- 472 Hazardous Material Awareness
- Vehicle Extrication
- IAFF Fire Ground Survival
- PETZL EXXO Escape Device Training
- ICS 200
- S100G Grassland Fire Program
- Blue Card Command for the Firefighter
Ride-alongs are available:
For further information, contact Deputy Fire Chief Dana Terry 403-320-3163 or email Dana Terry.