A career as a Lethbridge Paramedic/firefighter includes:
- Fire Prevention
- Hazmat Team
- Water Rescue Team
- High Angle/Confined Space Team
APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2018 INTAKE ARE NOW CLOSED.
PLEASE CHECK BACK AS HIRING IS PLANNED FOR EARLY 2019.
To sign up for alerts when firefighter jobs are posted on our website:
- Navigate to https://www.lethbridge.ca/living-here/Career-Opportunities/Pages/default.aspx
- Select "External job postings"
- Under location select "Fire Headquarters" - click "search"
- Select the bell/save icon
- Enter your e-mail address and click submit
- You will receive an email confirmation and future LFES external postings
What do I need to apply?
- Registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) as a Primary care paramedic or Advanced care paramedic. (Preference will be given to Advanced care paramedics).
- Class 2 or 3 drivers license with Q endorsement (needs to be obtained prior to first day of work)
Fitness test (results recognized for 6 months)
- Fire Aptitude Test (written)
- Medical Scenario
- Multiple Choice Medical Exam
- Inwald Personality Inventory
Invites to the physical and subsequent stages are made based on the following qualifications (in order of importance):
- Advanced Care Paramedic
- 2nd Year Advanced Paramedic Student
- Fire Training Certification
- Experience in an Advanced Life Support EMS System (excluding industrial)
- Other Education/Volunteering
New Recruit Training
Successful applicants start their career with ten weeks of training lead by our Fire and EMS training officers. Material covered includes:
- NFPA 1001 Level 1
- 472 Hazardous Material Awareness
- Vehicle Extrication
- IAFF Fire Ground Survival
- PETZL EXXO Escape Device Training
- ICS 200
- S100G Grassland Fire Program
- Blue Card Command for the Firefighter
- International Academy of Driving Response Certification
Ride-a-longs are available:
- EMR, Primary care paramedic or Advanced care paramedic with ACP registration.
- Criminal record check.
- For applications please contact Ward Eggli.
For further information, contact Dana Terry 403-320-3163 or email Dana Terry.