Skip to main content Skip to footer


Street Use Permits

Street Use (formerly Hoarding) Permits are required for the temporary use of the road Right of Way (ROW) for something other than its intended purpose, when work cannot take place solely on private property in order for the work to be completed safely and efficiently. This is to help to enable residents, contractors, movers, businesses, etc utilize a portion of the ROW for a specific duration.

For questions about street use permits, please call 311 or email ​to apply for a permit.

​Some examples of street use for residents could be placement of demolition bins, moving bins, scaffolding, demolition or construction materials, equipment, etc.


​Some examples of street use (hoarding) for businesses could be monitoring of underground wells, window washing, lifting using a ladder or hoister crane, temporary parking of an unattached trailer, etc.


Looking for Street Use Permits for Special Events? Examples of special events are rallies, walks/runs, fundraisers, car shows, block parties, road closures, etc.  Please call 311 or visit our Special Events page.


This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.