Subdivision approval ensures that proposals are consistent with future development goals in the city.
What is a subdivision?
Subdivision typically means dividing one parcel of land into two or more smaller parcels.
- Complete application received by Development Services.
- Site Inspection and other reviews for conformity with regulations and Statutory Plans.
- Circulation of application to city departments, adjacent land owners, and outside agencies.
- Comment review and decision.
- May go to the Municipal Planning Commission at the discretion of the Subdivision Officer.
- Applicant has 14 days to appeal to Subdivision and Development Board regarding decisions and conditions
When is subdivision approval needed?
- When creating lots for new developments.
- When creating separate land titles for each unit of a duplex or row housing.
- When creating separate land titles for each dwelling on a single property.
- When joining properties, or pieces of properties together under one land title.
- Completed Application Form
- Certificate of Title (view example)
- Tentative Plan of Subdivision: one paper, one digital (view example)
- Subdivision Base Fee: $500
- Application: $325 per lot (payable at time of application)
- Time Extension Fee:$250
- Final Endorsement: $250.00 per lot (payable when the subdivision is approved)
Senior Subdivision Planner
Phone: (403) 320-3091