Projects and Initiatives
You can learn all about the City of Lethbridge’s ongoing projects and initiatives online. Whether it’s a new facility, park renovation, utility installation or transportation project, we provide project details and potential opportunities to get involved.
We always have several projects on the go which aim to ensure that Lethbridge demonstrates active leadership in environmental stewardship and innovation. We aim to be a safe, healthy, vibrant, prosperous and economically viable place where all people can fully participate in community life.
Get Involved Lethbridge
Visit Get Involved Lethbridge to discover information on our current projects and initiatives.
With Get Involved Lethbridge you can:
- Follow and participate in engagement opportunities to help shape ongoing projects, policies and initiatives
- Join the conversation and contribute your thoughts and input on projects that interest you
- Receive updates on projects and discover timelines for completion
- View archived projects that are already complete
- Register and sign in to personalize your Get Involved Lethbridge experience
Capital Improvement Program
The 10-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) identifies required capital projects and provides a planning schedule and financing plan. Projects in the first five years of the program have designated funding.
All CIP projects are approved by City Council.
The City’s four-year Operating Budget provides details on how the City maintains the current level of service and proposed new initiatives, and includes current operating costs, property tax adjustments, inflationary costs and assessment growth. The budget aims to balance the costs of the demands of the community to limit tax, utility and user fee increases, while maintaining service levels and growing infrastructure that meet citizen expectations.