- Administration will provide an overview of the topic.
- The applicant (or their designate) will be allowed five minutes to speak to the proposal.
- The Chair, who is typically the Mayor or designate, will then call the names on the list of speakers in order. Each person may speak for a maximum of five minutes.
- If you don't add your name to the list, there is still an opportunity to speak. After all the names on the list have been called, the Chair will call three times for any additional speakers. You can indicate your wish to speak at that time.
- City Council may then choose to ask questions of any of the presenters. Once all their questions are answered, the Chair may call the public hearing closed.
After the public hearing has been closed, the matter cannot be discussed further. City Council may make their decision at that time, or they may defer it to a future date. They will not hear any further speakers or accept any further written comments on the topic.