This page will hold the City's public notices to ensure that legislated advertisements are published, accessible, and archived.
- If you would like to contact your Councillors regarding upcoming issues, please click here.
- To submit an application to Council regarding upcoming issues please click here.
- To submit an application to our Standing Policy Committees (SPCs) regarding upcoming issues, as well as issues you would like to see them discuss, please click here.
Below are all the ongoing notices of the City of Lethbridge:
Property Tax & Assessment Notices
Our Tax & Assessment department provides notices to the public to ensure that taxpayers are aware of assessments, tax deadlines, distribution of tax notices, and Public Auctions on properties.
All meetings of City Council and its Standing Policy Committees are established during Council's annual Organizational Meeting, where Council adopts their annual meeting calendar.
To see the full 2021 Council Calendar, please Click Here.
Notice of Meetings
These notices by the Mayor are to inform the public of Special Meetings, and other vital City affairs. For regular meetings of Council and SPCs, please see the City's
Council Calendar. Our
Boards, Commissions, and Committees list will have info for when each of Council's Committees will meet.
Notice of Motion
When Councillors bring forward motions to be heard at future Council Meetings, they give a notice of motion to give their fellow Councillors and the public time to prepare responses.
There are currently no notices of motion.
Notice of Borrowing
For the purposes of the Municipal Government Act, sections 251 and 231(3), the following bylaws were last advertised on November 6, 2021, and are accessible here.
Anyone wishing to file a petition with respect to a Borrowing Bylaw, please Click Here.
Bylaws for Borrowing:
- Bylaw 6307 – A Bylaw to Borrow for Waste & Recycling Centre Landfill Gas and Leachate Management;
- Bylaw 6310 – A Bylaw to Borrow for the Water Treatment Plant Medium Voltage Upgrades;
- Bylaw 6312 – A Bylaw to Borrow for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Biosolids Treatment Upgrade;
- Bylaw 6314 – A Bylaw to Borrow for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Bioreactor Aeration Blowers Upgrade;
- Bylaw 6317 - A Bylaw to Borrow for North Scenic Drive (Uplands Blvd to 44 Ave) Stage 1;
- Bylaw 6319 - A Bylaw to Borrow for West Siphon Screen Relocation;
- Bylaw 6320 - A Bylaw to Repeal:
- Bylaw 5712 - A Bylaw to Borrow for the Purpose of Water Treatment Plant Process Redundancy;
Bylaw 5847 - A Bylaw to issue a debenture for the purpose of the West Siphon Screen Relocation Project; and
- Bylaw 6078 - A Bylaw to Borrow for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Biosolids Treatment Upgrade project.
View the above Borrowing Bylaws HERE
in the City Council meeting of August 10th, 2021. The second and Third Reading for these bylaws is scheduled for November 30, 2021.
The last date of advertisement for the above-noted borrowing bylaws will be November 6, 2021.
If you wish to make a written submission on issues that come to Public Hearings, you may email
email@example.com no later than 12:00 PM (Noon), on the Monday before the Hearing.
If you wish to make a verbal presentation at the public hearing, you may do so. You have 5 minutes to speak. Contact the Office of the City Clerk to arrange to call into the Council Meeting to present. We ask if you present in person, that you practice social distancing while attending City Hall and Council Chamber.
As the COVID-19 global pandemic continues, the City of Lethbridge is providing the following options in lieu of verbally presenting at City Hall, should you wish:
- Speak live at the hearing via electronic means (5-minute max.);
- Email written submissions for Council (can incl. PowerPoints, pictures, etc.);
- Record a verbal phone message that will be played at the public hearing (5-minute max).
To pursue any of these options, please contact
A copy of the proposed Bylaw or matter may be requested from the Office of the City Clerk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.lethbridge.ca.
These include zoning applications, both proposed and approved development permits, and appeals. These can be found here.
The City of Lethbridge has applied to Alberta Environment Parks for an amendment to the existing approval to construct, operate, and reclaim the proposed Class 1 compost facility. The notice can be found here.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
If you submit comments in writing on any issue advertised here, the information you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.