- Located off of Scenic Drive South at 11 Avenue South.
- The dog run starts at the parking lot and heads down into the coulees with a 2 km limestone pathway loop.
Enjoy some off-leash time with your dog at one of Lethbridge’s five dog parks. In these areas dogs can be off-leash while under the control of their owner.
Note: Rattlesnakes may be present in river valley parks from spring to fall, especially west side areas.
Dog Park Etiquette
Here are some guidelines for dog owners to follow while using off-leash areas.
- Dogs must be on-leash in all public spaces in Lethbridge unless in one of the off-leash areas.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed. The behaviour of your dog is your responsibility.
- You are responsible for respecting the safety of others in dog parks.
- Off-leash areas are located within shared park spaces. To avoid conflicts with other site users, keep dogs on a leash until you are past the marker signs.
- Clean up after your dog.
- Be courteous to all park users.
- Learn more about the Dog Control Bylaw.
- Located at the north end of Peenaquim Park, at the base of the coulees.
- You can choose between a 1 acre fenced area or a 2 km limestone pathway along the river’s edge.
- Located at the corner of Scenic Drive North and Stafford Drive North.
- This fenced dog park is about 5.5 acres and features a paved pathway loop, hills, agility equipment and accessible seating areas.
- Located in Popson Park between the boat launch and the picnic shelter.
- This off-leash area sports 2 km of limestone pathways in its over 50 acres of river valley park space.
- There is easy access to the river for your pooch to take a dip to cool off and to enjoy the scenic views of the coulee faces.
- Located at the corner of University Drive West and Riverglen Link West.
- The fenced dog park is about 1.5 acres with pathways and accessible seating.
- Other amenities include play equipment for dogs and water fountains for people and dogs.
- Riverstone Dog Park is located in a dry storm water retention facility. To prevent damage to the grass and pathways, it may be closed during heavy rain or snow melt events.
910 4 Avenue South
Lethbridge, AB T1J 0P6
or 403-320-3111 (if outside of Lethbridge)